September is Prostate Awareness Month and we came across a recipe that we decided to try out for you guys.
The recipe is from our hometown News station, Fox26Houston.
Guess, what? We loved it and couldn’t stop eating cucumbers last night. This snack is superb and what’s best is cucumbers are a healthy crunchy snack that you won’t feel guilty about eating.
Did you know a cucumber is a fruit and not a veggie? Me either ! We learned something together. ❤
Benefits of cucumbers
- Hydrates the Body – they are 96% water and contain almost no calories. So, if you’re running short on your daily water intake and you can’t stomach another glass, eat a Cucumber.
- Flushes Away Toxins – cucumbers aid your cells and muscles to function properly while flushing out toxins in your body.
- Lots of Vitamins like vitamins A, B, and C.
- Rejuvenates the Skin – rich in minerals (magnesium, potassium, and silicon) that work towards beautifying the skin.
- Assists in losing unwanted weight – did we already mention ALMOST ZERO calories? YUP. Enjoy !
- Reduces the Risk of Cancer – I’m sure we could stop right here and we’d all be happy. contain valuable phytochemicals which can reduce tumors and any growth of them.
- Healthy Nails and hair – we already know water helps things grow, right? Cucumbers regenerate damaged hair and nails. Want to see a change? Nutritionists say you should eat one cucumber every other day for about two weeks and watch the transition.
- Helps the Kidneys -regulate acidic levels within the kidneys.
The list could go on and on, but we know you are wanting to start eating your next Cucumber.
Vegan Cucumber Dip
We hope you enjoyed the recipe. Don’t forget to leave us a comment under our YOUTUBE video.